You can make more than $170,000 a year with these 15 jobs at Microsoft Thanks to CEO Satya Nadella, Microsoft is on an upsurge. Not only customers and Wall Street love Microsoft, but most importantly, it is also loved by developers and engineers. This implies that Microsoft is shelling out huge bucks to attract and keep some top talent in the company.
According to the data from Glass door and to keep things fair, here are the top-earning jobs at Microsoft with 6 or more salaries, along with a few jobs that are worth highlighting.
- To meet the needs of its customers, Software Architects design Microsoft’s tools for which they are paid $179,535 or $256,933 with total compensation, which includes things like stock, bonuses or profit sharing benefits.
- To help Microsoft define the look and feel of its software in a role of a Creative Director, you can make $180,789 or $190,869 in total compensation.
- Microsoft Principal Development Managers make $180,812 or $292,500 in total compensation.
- For leading scientific discovery into new technologies, like the Microsoft HoloLens goggles, Microsoft Senior Researchers with one of the coolest jobs make $183,540 or $292,455 in total compensation.
- To help synchronize the teams of engineers working on products and features, Microsoft’s Principal Directors of Program Management make $185,083 or $303,959 in total compensation.
- Functions like Sales or Accounting, a Senior Director title across all business units, normally carries a $190,201 salary with $308,470 in total compensation.
- A Senior Director of Marketing working under CMO Chris Capossela to spread the good word of Microsoft makes $195,882 or $339,327 in total compensation.
- For leading a specific product team, such as Xbox Live or Visual Studio, a Product Unit Manager makes $195,946 in base salary, or $310,865 in total compensation.
- A Director of Engineering in Microsoft can make $196,677 in a year or $346,247 in total compensation.
- It is the job of Senior Directors of Business Development to help lead partnerships, investments, outreach, and other ways of working with outside companies, for which they make $203,452 in base salary or $339,014 in total compensation.
- A Director of Development is a senior manager who helps in overlooking the manufacture of any new Microsoft product, like the Surface Book laptop. They can make $205,297 a year with $426,689 in total compensation.
- In order to keep things buzzing along in companies like Microsoft, you need plenty of well-paid General Managers. A General Manager makes $224,928 in base salary or $464,005 in total.
- Microsoft also needs to pay its other employees handsomely who are working outside of the engineering organization. With a new lawsuit against the US Department of Justice, along with lots of other cases, Microsoft requires the services of top attorneys. That’s why a Microsoft Senior Attorney can make $194,308 or $286,470 with total compensation.
- In the same way, Human Resources plays an important in a company as huge as Microsoft. HR directors can make $175,242 or $241,361 with total compensation.
- Finally, the boss of the company. In the last full fiscal year, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella earned $18.3 million in total compensation. However, his risks are linked to the rewards: If Microsoft doesn’t hit sales targets, he stands to lose millions.